This simple to make Place Value Folder game printable is a perfect for math centers, early finishers & homework. It’s a MUST make dice game for teaching numeracy with your kids!
Our Place Value folder game is fun classroom activity for hands-on learning. Your kids will enjoy practicing and consolidating their understanding with this place value dice game. It is a great addition to any Math center and is ideal for warm ups, partner or independent work.
So grab some dice, download the template and stick it in a manila folder. And you’re all set, you can even get the kids to decorate the folder! It’s that simple but really effective and it will help your kids to learn so many place value understandings. They can practice:
- connecting number names, numerals, place value
- expanded notation
- how to read, write, say and make so many different numbers
All this in a fun motivating place value dice game! Or if you’re looking for more Place Value games try our Place Value Houses Pack
As an added bonus our place value printable game can be quickly and easily differentiated. to meet the individual need of any students without hours of extra work!
Just decide if you are going to extend the folder to include decimals, or if you’re going beyond the thousands! Make sure you also download our FREE saying big number posters & place value dice activity to go with it.
Download the place value folder template and make a whole class set today for fun and fluency NOT FEAR! Please scroll to the end of the post to get your Place Value Folder Printable.
Related Post: Teaching Place Value Partitioning Using Games
Suitable Grades or Year Levels
This Place Value Classroom game is ideal for teaching place value to any age or ability. It can easily be adapted by changing the number of dice used or by using dice with fewer sides. It is suitable for Place Value Activities for Year/Grade 1 to Year/Grade 6 Students!
Let us know in the comments how you adapt this place value games printable!
Place Value Game Printable – Video
Place Value Printable Instructions
This dice game & Place Value Folder is so simple to make and will help your students consolidate their Place Value understanding. Use dice to generate the numbers & create questions based around your Year Level curriculum.
In the template there are 6 separate activities for your students including:
- Write the number in digits
- Write the number in words
- Expand the number in a standard form e.g. 100 + 20 + 7 = 127
- Write the number in a non-standard form e.g. 127 = 20 + 100 + 2
- Use MAB – Make the number using MAB and or Popstick bundles. It is important that students make bundles of ten first before using a MAB ‘long’ which the can see is one thing but are told is ten…
- Real Life – think of an example of where the number may be reasonable in real life – I ate 127 cookies would not be realistic… I travelled 127 KM in the car would be more realistic.
Try Our Products…
Click Images For More Place Value Activities
Click the image below to get your Template For Our FREE Place Value Game Printable
Follow Us On Pinterest For more Hands-on Ideas!
PSST! If you want to Save time and $$$ on Teaching Resources Join Our VIP Club! Get instant access
To ALL our PAID & FREE Resources Plus 20+ New Activities Every Week! Click The Image Below To Find Out More…